Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life's Soundtracks

Fifteen”- Taylor Swift. I really like this song because I feel that it relates to a lot of young girls as it did for me during my high school years. This song reminds me a lot of my first day of school every time a new school year would start because even though I knew my classmates well, I always felt nervous going to school on the first day and not knowing what to expect. As the day starts, it would always be exciting for me to see everyone and how they have changed, yet nerve wrecking in ways of not knowing how others will react when they would see me. I also felt that everything was nerve wrecking because I wanted to fit in and “liked” by everyone, so I would try my best to make a new good first impression. The lyrics that really relate to me are when: “You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors/It's the morning of your very first day/And you say hi to your friends you ain't seen in a while/Try and stay out of everybody's way/It's your freshman year and you're gonna be here/For the next four years in this town/Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say/"You know, I haven't seen you around before"”

Mistletoe”- Justin Bieber. My first time hearing this song was at the beginning of the school year this year and I instantly fell in love with it before it became popular or well known. Even though Christmas was such a long ways away, I still always listened to the song because Christmas is my favorite holiday. I also felt that it wasn't to early to listen to the song over and over again, and sometimes put it on replay because I feel like it's never to early to listen to Christmas music. The verse that I really like in the song is when he says, “Aye, it's the most beautiful time of the year/Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer/I should be playing in the winter snow/But Ima be under the mistletoe/I don't wanna miss out on the holiday/But I can't stop staring at your face/I should be playing in the winter snow/But Ima be under the mistletoe” I feel like this relates to me because I love Christmas and, like Justin, I am not just looking forward to the holiday, but I am looking forward to spending it with someone that means a lot to me.

Young Forever”- Jay-Z. This song strikes me every time knowing that I am get older by each given day instead of getting younger, so I always tell myself to live life and not let my faults in life bring me down but to learn from them. “Forever young I wanna be/Forever young/Do you really want to live forever/Forever and ever/Forever young I wanna be/Forever young” are the words that go through my time each time I listen to this song, and I wish that it were possible because life is to short.  

No comments:

Post a Comment